ponedeljek, 21. april 2014

REVIEW: Everyday Minerals eyeliner (weeping willow)

Hello lovelies :)
As promised in the previous post, here is a review of the new everyday minerals eyeliner I got recently. 
I hope you will all enjoy reading this review :)


Weeping willow is a nice dark blue colour, whitch I think is perfect if you do not want to use a black eyeliner on a daily basis, but you still want something quite dark.This eyeliner comes in a standard everyday minerals packaging with a nice white lid. It is all plastic and it looks quite sturdy, so it might survive an acctidental drop or two. It contains 1,7g/0.06 oz of product, whitch I think is more than enough to last you quite some time. Eyeliners come in a few different colours:

Blue Velvet, Brown eyed girl, Brown shugar, Cinnamon Street, Green Leaves of summer, Nights on Broadway, Purple Rain, walking after midnight and Come Hither are available on the everyday minerals store: here.



Ingredinets of these products might vary, depending on the colour.

Ingredients (Weeping Willow):
Mica (CI 77019), Lauroyl Lysine. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 770077).




And here is how they advise you to use these products:

 For a more natural line or a smudgy smoky eye, use a dry brush and dip into powder, tapping off excess before application. Using short, small strokes as close to the lash line as possible, work your way from the outer corner to the inner corner of the eye. For a more defined line with a "liquid" look, add a few drops of water to your lid and mix with powders until smooth, then follow directions above.


I am not a fan of mixing water directly into the powder, so I used it with a wet angeled brush instead. It is basicaly the same principle, but I feel it is a bit less messy than mixing water directly into the product. 
I used it wet and dry and there is definetly a difference. 
When I used the eyeliner dry I still got a bit of fallout, aldough I tapped off all the excess. I feel that is a given when working with pigments and is it not a big drawback, it just means it is better to do foundation after the eye make up, and I do that anyway. 
When I was using the product with a damp brush I did not get any fall out and the line was a bit stronger.
 Eather way I did not use much product to create the line, since the product is very pigmented. It also lasted on my lids for a whole day without smudging, transffering on the lid or fading. I used it without eye primer both times, I just lightly powdered my lids before applying it.


Swatch on my bare skin, no primer used


I must say I am really pleased with the product, I see myself using it on the daily basis. It is perfect for anybody that likes eyeliners, but has sensitive eyes. I am using eyeshadows to line for quite some time now, since every liquid or gel liner I tried irritated me to no end. It can be used to create many different lines, from smokey to harsh, it is very pigmented, long lasting and it does not transfer on the lid.

If you want to see the look I created with this eyeliner and other Everyday Minerals products I got click here.

Hope you all enjoyed this post.
Have a nice day ;)
Tjaša






1 komentar:

  1. Hvala :) Priporočam ga zelo, meni ni povzročil nobenih problemov :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši