torek, 4. marec 2014

FIRST IMPRESSION: Essence Nail Candies

Hello lovelies :)
Today I have for you a first impression post alongside some swatches of new essence polishes (not all, just two). I hope you will find this post helpfull :)




First things first, this is a very hard post for me to write, because I was really looking forward to these polishes. I think there are some beautifull colours in this collection and I really wanted the two polishes I got. The violet one is Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch and the green one is Always In My Mint. Well these polishes kinda disappointed me and here is why...

These polishes are really really sheer. I expected a nice milky colour after 2 coats, but got nothing. Especially when I used Always In My Mint. I was really angry because of that so I decided to pile the polish on my nails until I got the same colour as it looks in the bottle. It took me 10 coats... 

 10 coats (yes, 10): Always In My Mint


I personaly think Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch is a much better polish in this regard since my nails seem almost covered after 3 coats, but it looks more like a pale pink colour.

 Coat 1: Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch
 Coat 2: Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch

 Coat 3: Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch

What about the formula? this is what they promise:

Softly shimmering nail candies with 6 benefits for beautiful, manicured nails: hardening, protecting, ridge filling, fast drying and fruity scented with a high gloss finish. 

I personaly do not know about hardening, since I got these polishes yesterday (witch is also a reason why this is a first impression post and not a review post). For now my nails do not feel harder.
These are not fast drying in my opinion. They need quite some time to completly dry (My nails were a bit sticky after 3-5 min. not fast drying).
I have a feeling they just trew some perfume in the polish and called it a day. I also have a feeling this is the reason why this is not a fast drying nail polish. The scent stayed on my nails over night and my nails still smelled even after I used a top coat. I personaly do not like Always In My Mint's smell, because I think it smells to sour.. It gave me headaches yesterday when I was putting it on my nails. Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch has a more bearable and sweet smell.
This polish lasts on my nails for a day

I can only see one use for these polishes, and it is french manicure. For anything else they are just to sheer and not worth it. The colour really broke the deal for me.
I guess they are not made to completly cover nails but I do not see a point in having 7 different colours that all look the same on the nails after 2 coats. 
Always In My Mint is a complete flop in my oppinion because it appeared almost translucent on my nails even after 4 coats and it does not smell nice. Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch has better pigmentation, but it is still nothing to write home about, it also smells nicer.
I would advise on skipping Always In My Mint if you really want a polish from this collection. Maybe buying just one and than deciding if you want the other colours might be a great idea in this case.

I am not impressed, but I know there will be people that will like this polish because of the sheer colours. But it is just not my cup of tea. You can not know if you like it until you try.

Do you have any of the colours?
What do you think?
Have a nice day ;)
Tjaša

4 komentarji:

  1. Jaz sem se tudi veselila teh lakov, sem pričakovala luštne pastelne barve, ko pa sem videla prve swatche, pa sem bila zelo razočarana, ker so tako prosojni. Škoda, ampak zagotovo ne bom kupila nobenega.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Se strinjam. Jaz nikjer nisem našla swatchev, zato sem ju pa kupila. če bi prej vedela da bodo taki potem ne bi kupila nobenega. Pa bi raje kakšnega iz nove catrice kolekcije. Ah well... Vsaj dalmatinček je dosegel pričakovanja.

      Izbriši
  2. škoda, k so preveč prosojni :(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Vem :( Če ne bi bili bi verjetno kupila še kakšnega

    OdgovoriIzbriši