torek, 29. julij 2014

REVIEW: Catrice Velvet Matt Eyeshadow

Hello lovelies :)
Another limited edition Catrice product review today :)
Not that I need more eyeshadows, I think I am set for life in this department, but I could not just pass the oppurtunity to try out new Velvet Matt eyeshadows from Catrice. Also colours seemd quite unique and I do not have anything similar in my collection in regards to colour or formula of these eyeshadows :)


Four eyeshadows came in this limited edition and if I am not mistaken more will be available in their permanent line soon (I really hope they come out with more colours :) ).
They come in a nice transparent packaging with a golden imprint on the lid. You get 3.5 g / 1.23 oz. of product which I think it is quite a lot. Packaging is not anything special, but it seems sturdy enough to survive traveling.



All the shadows are buttery to the tuch and really pigmented. There was no fallout when applying to the lids and they blended nicely. These are not true matt shades, since they have a bit of a sheen to them when applied but it is nothing too overpowering. I wore these quite a lot in a hot and humid weather and they did not crease on me for almost a whole day. Vanillaty fair started to crease a bit after 8 hours in the inner part of my lid (that is when I usually get creasing), but other shades did not crease even after 12 hours. There was a bit of fading that was most noticable with Moss Wanted Colour and Welcome To Greysland, but all the colours were still nicely visible at the end of the day.



 So these shades are long lasting, nicely pigmented and have no fallout, but they have one major weakness. They are prone to breaking. When I bought all the shades I made sure all of them were intact, but when I came home I realized Al Burgundy shade broke during my drive home. Nothing like that ever happened to me before and that is the shade I like the most so you can only imagine how sad I was :/ Also, just now (as I am writing this review) I realized Welcome To Greysland is a bit broken too (not as much as Al Burgundy) and I just do not know how that happened because it was still ok an hour ago :/ None of these shades fell on the floor and I am always very carefull when I travel with make up.
I am guessing breaking has something to do with the formula which makes me sad, because I really like this formula.  Sigh :/ ...


All in all I really like these shadows and I do recommend them, but please be carefull with them so they do not break as mine did :/ 

Did you try any of these shadows? Did you have any problems with them breaking?
I hope you enjoyed reading this review :)
Have a nice day :)
Tjaša :)

3 komentarji:

  1. Tale al burgundy zgledaa superr lepa ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Fuul je lepa pa pigmentirana. Sm vidla da bodo tele v redni prodaji, pa še roza pa rjava senčka :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Love the colors, very nice for fall or neutral looks.
    Check out my blog and maybe we can follow each other? Hope to hear from you!
    Natalie

    www.maralmuse.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši