nedelja, 13. september 2015

REVIEW: Essence Liquid Lipstick - 03 almost real

Hello lovelies :)
Catrice and Essence recently came out with liquid lipsticks. Although Catrice liquid lipsticks preform more like a high shine gloss, I surprizingly like them a lot. I mean I like them more than Essence liquid lipsticks (*gasp*). While a lot of people seem to like Essence liquid lipsticks, especially the shade that I am going to review today, something about them just does not suit me. Let me tell you why.




The lipstick comes in a square plastic packaging with a lid, that mimics the colour of the product. It is a nice, small packaging, that is easy to store. It is quite sturdy and it can survive a fall. There is 4ml/0.13fl.oz. of product in the packaging. The applicator is flat and has some flexibility to it. It is not too big, nor too small. The only complaint I have a bout this applicator is that there is too much product on it when you pull it out of the packaging. but that is not such a big deal.


This particular shade is a light nude with a slight peach undertone. The shade does not suit me particulary well, but that is not the reason for my disappointment with the product.The formula is hydrating and feels comportable on the lips and the pigmentation is medium to full, depending on how much you build it. I like to wear it more sheer, since it can look too much on me, if fully opaque. The product overall is not really longwearing, but I think that is to be expected from a slightly glossy lip product. I got good 2 hours of wear with them (no drinking or eating), after that the shine and the colour started to disappear.

The problem I have with this product is that it applies really patchy and streaky. It also settles into the fine lip lines. Not only does it apply streaky, but it also migrates around my lips, making them an even more patchy mess as the time goes on. No rubbing lips around! If you do, you might as well reapply your lipstick every 10 minutes. 
I also found that the product starts to separate slightly, if I let it sit for about a week. It might be that I have a faulty product, or maybe that is just the deal with this shade, since the other shade I have does not do that.



All in all this is not a perfect lip product for me. I think a lot comes down to the colour and a streaky application. It does not suit me like most nudes do and the patchy application just kills it for me. I have another colour from the same range that I will review later. For now, let's just say that I like that colour much more than this one :D

Did you try out any of the Essence liquid lipsticks? Which colour is your favourite?
Thank you for reading :)
Have a nice day :D
Tjaša :)

4 komentarji:

  1. Zanimivo. Tisti, ki ga imam jaz, je super. Mislim, da tega ne bom kupila, saj mi niti barva ni kaj preveč všeč - vsaj en, ki ga ne rabim - vsi drugi so mi res všeč!
    Xoxo, Nyx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. mja, saj jaz imam tudi še eno barvo in je super, samo tale nekako ni najboljša... meni so tudi vse druge barve zelo všeč!

      Izbriši
  2. čeprav nisem nek ljubitelj lip glosov in mi je tale odtenek na prvih slikah izgledal totalno neprivlačen vidim da je potem na ustnicah dejansko lep.
    http://foreverevereveryoung.blogspot.si/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Pri meni je pa ravno obratno, v embalaži mi izgleda prečudovit, na ustnicah pa groza xD

      Izbriši